Mainstream Specialist HUB for Physical Disabilities
- Pupils come mainly from Peterborough, but may also come from the surrounding area.
- Capacity and age range: a total of 12 full time places, no more than 2 per year group, for pupils aged 4–11 years are funded by Childrens’ Services.
Role of enhanced resource provision
- The role of the Ormiston Meadows Mainstream Specialist HUB for Physical Disabilities is to support pupils with physical disabilities. (See criteria for admissions).
- Additional support which enables children to have access to a broad and balanced curriculum provided by schools.
- Pupils are fully integrated within the mainstream school.
- Within the 12 funded places, staff provide a specialist outreach role to support children at transition.
- Staff also provide a specialist outreach role of approximately 0.2 of ERP manager’s full time role, to other mainstream primary and secondary schools, responding to City needs. This may be in the form of work with individual children, training for staff, advice, and resources.
- The provision will develop and deliver annual training throughout the authority in order for pupils with physical disabilities to be integrated into mainstream settings.
- There is specialist ICT support, available across the authority as part of the outreach provision.
- Pupils are part of Ormiston Meadows Primary Academy and follow the National Curriculum which may be modified to meet their needs.
- Dependent on need each pupil is supported by a range of therapists. This support includes assessment, therapy, and monitoring as appropriate.
- The pupils work on regular individual and/or group therapy programmes, through the curriculum as appropriate to meet each individual’s needs and difficulties.
- The provision is equipped with a wide range of resources to support the integration of children with physical disabilities.
- Pupils with a place on the Mainstream Specialist HUB are at School Action Plus on the SEN register of the School. A place on the Mainstream Specialist HUB is normally an alternative to meeting a pupil’s needs through the provision of a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
The admissions process is currently under review. Please contact the Peterborough Local Authority SEND Team on 01733 474747 for advice.
Criteria for admissions
Children will be considered for admission if:
- they have a physical disability that is likely to present a barrier to accessing the national curriculum within their local mainstream school and
- their physical disability is their primary difficulty.
OMA Hub leaflet
Ormiston Meadows Academy Accessibility Plan Jan 18
OMA Primary School Local Offer SEND report Nov 17
OMA Supporting Students With Medical Needs Policy May 16
OAT SEND Policy February 2018
A Guide to Peterborough Hubs June 2017