What are benefits of a school meal :-
- time saved in the mornings not having to prepare lunch, plus there’s no worry about keeping the food fresh and hygienic until lunchtime.
- children benefit from sitting down and eating together at a table and are encouraged to try new foods.
- meals are balanced and healthy and there is variety from one day to the next.
At our school :-
- we only use approved suppliers and manufacturers
- we buy food locally wherever possible – fruit and veg/dairy – and use a local butcher
- we only use sustainable seafood where possible
- we only use free range eggs (subject to DEFRA guidelines)
- we do not knowingly use food containing GM (Genetically modified) ingredients
- we take care to limit the amount of salt used in cooking and bought-in foods
- wherever possible we oven cook food to reduce the fat content in our dishes
- we use our recipes with reduced sugar and fat and increased fibre wherever possible
- we encourage eating ‘5 a day’ fruit and vegetables. The school meal can provide two of these essential healthy foods every school day
- we comply with the School Food Standards for school lunches
- we actively promote and encourage healthy eating and like to make eating meals and enjoyable and valuable experience
- We cater for vegetarians, special needs including medical diets and religious needs
- If you require any help or guidance on healthy and nutritious packed lunches for children who bring a lunch from home to eat in school (or on school trips) please visit Healthy lunch box ideas for healthy choices and pack up ideas.
Ormiston Meadows Menu Autumn term 2 2018
Ormiston Meadows Menu Autumn 2018
Ormiston Meadows Academy allergen-chart Autumn Winter 18