What are benefits of a school meal :-
- time saved in the mornings not having to prepare lunch, plus there’s no worry about keeping the food fresh and hygienic until lunchtime.
- children benefit from sitting down and eating together at a table and are encouraged to try new foods.
- meals are balanced and healthy and there is variety from one day to the next.
At our school :-
- we only use approved suppliers and manufacturers
- we buy food locally wherever possible – fruit and veg/dairy – and use a local butcher
- we only use sustainable seafood where possible
- we only use free range eggs (subject to DEFRA guidelines)
- we do not knowingly use food containing GM (Genetically modified) ingredients
- we take care to limit the amount of salt used in cooking and bought-in foods
- wherever possible we oven cook food to reduce the fat content in our dishes
- we use our recipes with reduced sugar and fat and increased fibre wherever possible
- we encourage eating ‘5 a day’ fruit and vegetables. The school meal can provide two of these essential healthy foods every school day
- we comply with the School Food Standards for school lunches
- we actively promote and encourage healthy eating and like to make eating meals and enjoyable and valuable experience
- We cater for vegetarians, special needs including medical diets and religious needs
- If you require any help or guidance on healthy and nutritious packed lunches for children who bring a lunch from home to eat in school (or on school trips) please visit Healthy lunch box ideas for healthy choices and pack up ideas.
School Lunches summer 2019
School Lunches March to April 2019
Ormiston Meadows Menu Autumn term 2 2018
Ormiston Meadows Menu Autumn 2018
Ormiston Meadows Academy allergen-chart Autumn Winter 18