Welcome to Year 6!
Daily learning tasks will be issued via the Marvellous Me app. Please see below for any addition tasks or resources set by your child’s class teacher.
How to access Marvellous Me.
Home Learning packs letter
Task board boredom buster
Please see below for a sample timetable which you might like to use as an example for planning a home learning day Year 6 timetable
Tuesday 2nd June
Bonjour! Please see below for this week’s activity from Madame Elliott:
Y6 French 2.6.20
Stay active. Keep doing the P.E with Joe workout on You Tube LIVE at 9am (Monday to Friday) – a 30 min. P.E session – or catch it later in the day.
Don’t forget the Daily Mile. Move around for at least 15 mins a day either in the garden/ outdoor space or indoors.
You could also …
- · Target practise. Select a variety of balls/soft objects and a number of different sized containers. Vary the distance you are stood away from the containers. How many balls can you get in 1st time round? Practise again and again. Time yourself – how many can you get in 1 min/2 mins etc.
- · Jumping. Choose a starting point/line. Jump forwards- both feet together. Remember to swing your arms and bend at the knees. How far can you jump? Now try a vertical jump. Swing those arms and use the power in your legs. Repeat again and again. What is your best distance or height?
- · Sports Alphabet. How many sports can you think of that start with each letter of the alphabet? e.g. F- football, Q- quidditch, Z- Zumba. Hopefully you managed to find at least one sport for each letter.
- · On You Tube discover the world of Cosmic Kids Yoga. A series of interactive adventures for children promoting mindfulness and relaxation.
- · Create your own Sports Quiz with questions and answers. Try asking someone at home the questions. How did they do? Did you find out a fact or something else you didn’t already know.
- · Design a new school P.E kit
- · Set yourself a challenge. Choose something in P.E that you don’t find easy to do and challenge yourself to improve at it over a set period of time. You will feel brilliant when you can do it and will be so proud of yourself
Our Cornerstones Topic is:- Hola Mexico
Class book:- Holes
Class Teacher: Miss Westhoff Teaching Assistant: Mrs Ridlington and Mrs Giddens
School Council Representatives: Head Boy – Filip ; Head Girl – Laila
Deputy Head Boy – Tate ; Deputy Head Girl – Lexie
P.E : Please bring PE kit into school every Monday ready for use during the week
Thank you to the Science department at Ormiston Bushfield Academy for hosting our class today. We got hands on with a dissection lesson.
SAT’s 11th – 14th May 2020
At the end of Year 6, children will sit tests in:
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
Please encourage your child to use the English and Maths revision guides provided by our school.
YR 6 Parents SATs evening 15.10.18
SATs information evening Maths resources
Sample tests are available from the following website:
KS2 SAT’s tests
|Monday 11th May
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 1: questions
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 2: spelling
|Tuesday 12th May
|Wednesday 13th May
- Mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic
- Mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
|Thursday 14th May
- Mathematics Paper 3: reasoning